RPS 205 Communications Team Wins 8 ‘Excellence Awards’ for Publications & Digital Media
The RPS 205 communications team submitted eight award entries for consideration to the National School Public Relations Association and earned a clean sweep, with top honors on all eight entries.
NSPRA’s Publications and Digital Media Excellence Awards recognize outstanding education publications and marketing/informational materials (print and electronic), video/TV/radio programs, social media and websites.
Our team – made up of web manager Monica Bayne, audio visual production manager Conner Childers, Chief Communications Officer Earl Dotson Jr., executive assistant Laura Laumer, and Marketing Coordinator Kate Specht – earned five awards for excellence last year, plus one for merit and three honorable mentions. We’ll get to see our work displayed with other districts that earned “excellence” ratings at the NSPRA 2022 National Seminar in July.
According to NSPRA, “Entries were judged within an entry category only against those from organizations of a similar type and size. Each entry was judged on the overall excellence of the entry as well as its quality compared to other entries in the category.” Keep scrolling for a breakdown of this year’s awards in RPS 205, with a little information about the featured staff and students.
While we always try to submit our best – and favorite – work during recognition time, we didn’t expect a sweep. It was an exciting surprise to receive each email and note the “excellence” category. And even more fun to share with the team.
It's cliché, but here goes: We don’t do this work for the awards or recognition. None of the work we do is about us – aside from this blog post, really. But it sure is nice to know we’re doing good work that supports and celebrates our staff, students, families and alumni.
Each of our eight entries this year received the “Publications and Digital Media Award of Excellence.”
1) 205 VIBE: Episode 32: Dr. Tiffany Brunson, RPS 205 Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
2) What's LIVE on the 205 VIBE: December 2021 & March 2022 Newsletters
3) 205 VIBE: The Podcast Episode 34: Rockford University Partnership: Growing RPS 205 Graduates into RPS 205 Teachers
4) RPS 205 Branded Templates for Staff
5) 205 VIBE: The Blog
The Communications Department focused on blog posts in three different categories that are told from different perspectives.
- Nationally Recognized Educator Inspires RPS 205 Remote Student
- A COVID-Inspired Action Plan to Expand STEM Classes
- RPS 205 Employees Celebrated for Living the District’s Values
6) We’re Hiring: Drive for RPS 205 – Commercial
8) RPS 205 Athletic Hall of Fame 2022: Jametta Bland
Cathy Bayer-Eberle is senior communications manager for Rockford Public Schools. She has worked in the district since 2013 and called Rockford home since 2008. She and her husband live in Rockford with their two very patient cats.
- Behind the Scenes