What’s Your VIBE?
We want to hear stories and experiences from RPS 205 – and we want our staff, students, parents and community members to share them here on the Rockford Public Schools 205 VIBE – The Blog!
Writing a blog post is a great way to stay connected at other schools and build our community in RPS 205.
Need help brainstorming blog post topics? Check out some ideas:
Topics for student bloggers
- What do you like about remote learning?
- What is your favorite subject? Why?
- What advice would you give to younger students?
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- Reflect on your time as a student so far.
- Why do you play a sport or participate in an activity?
- Share information on a community event you support and explain why.
- What are your future plans/goals and how have your teachers helped you prepare to achieve it?
- What personal challenges have you overcome, and how have your teachers/coaches supported you?
- Who is your hero? Why?
- Create a video blog on a topic you find interesting.
- Share details about a typical day in the life of a student.
Topics for staff bloggers
- Why do you love working at RPS 205?
- Share a student or parent success story.
- How do you put students first?
- Five things people don’t know about you.
- What’s something you wish people knew about RPS 205 students?
- Who is your role model? Why?
- Share a shoutout to a colleague.
- What’s the hardest part of your job? How do you handle it?
Topics for families & community member bloggers
- What was your volunteer experience like?
- Are you an alumni? Share your success story.
- Share your experience as an RPS 205 parent.
- Share how your organization helps support RPS 205 students.
After writing your blog post, it is time to submit it!
- Visit the Contribute to the 205 VIBE™ Blog page
- Completely fill out the “Submit a 205 VIBE™ Blog Post” form
- Submit blog post for review by the Communications Department
The Communications Department will review your post and contact you directly to share suggested edits before your post is live.
We can’t wait to read your story on the 205 VIBE!
RPS 205 Communications Department
The RPS 205 Communications Department is responsible for writing news releases, facilitating media requests, managing the district's social media accounts and website, and maintaining the 205 VIBE™. It offers marketing support along with assistance at special events such as graduations. The team also manages Let’s Talk!, a two-way communication platform for questions, comments, suggestions, concerns or compliments. The Communications team works to showcase RPS 205 students, staff, programs and alumni through storytelling with photos and videos.
- 205 VIBE Blogger