Nominate Outstanding Teachers, Administrators, Support Staff & Volunteers for Those Who Excel Awards
The Those Who Excel education awards program honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to education. This statewide program, co-sponsored locally by RPS 205 and the Rockford Education Association, honors school employees who not only do their jobs well, but go above and beyond to benefit the educational community.
This year, more than ever, we need to recognize and honor our co-workers who have been outstanding. Because of the stress from COVID-19, we have greatly simplified the nomination process. This year, essays are not required to submit a nomination.
We all need to hear good news. Help us spread the word by nominating someone to be honored. By nominating individuals, you can call public attention to some of the positive people and activities in Rockford Public Schools.
Nominees should fit into one of the following categories:
- Classroom teacher (preschool, elementary, and secondary teachers who spend more than 50% of the time instructing students)
- Administrator/Principal (superintendent, assistant superintendents, principals, assistant principals, coordinators and directors who are more than 50% administrative)
- Student Support Personnel - Certified (school nurse, psychologist, social worker, guidance counselor, librarian, speech/language therapist, itinerants who spend more than 50% of their time in the indicated field)
- Education Service Personnel - Non- Certified (paraprofessional, cafeteria worker, secretary, bus driver, crossing guard, etc.)
- School Board Member/Community Volunteer
- Team (Must have direct academic impact on students, 2-5 members, be a unique program and have a team name)
- Early Career Educator (teachers in their second to fifth years of teaching)
Instead of selecting winners from this year’s nominees, we’ll celebrate all nominees and celebrate them later this school year. The celebration format will depend on COVID-19 restrictions at the time. We hope to honor as many people as possible who have worked so hard during the COVID-19 pandemic to continue to put students first.
Instructions and notes
- Nominees and Nominators must be Rockford Public Schools employees
- Follow this link to complete the Nomination Form
- No signatures required, but please let the person know you are nominating them.
- Write a brief explanation of why your nominee excels. The explanation should be limited to 500 words. You may use their name in nomination summary. Explain how the nominee is concerned for children, has a positive effect on the school, demonstrates leadership, and/or goes above and beyond their basic job duties.
- Submit the nomination form by 11:59 p.m. on March 18, 2021.
For questions and more information contact: Linda Kimel, 815-988-7078, or Carol Wehmeyer, 815-978-5072.
Linda Kimel is a recently retired RPS 205 nurse. She is the chair of the Those Who Excel Committee.
- Family & Friends
- Those Who Excel Awards