2021-22 School Year Transportation
RPS 205 families,
We’re making transportation plans for the 2021-22 school year. All eligible students will be included on a bus route for the 2021-22 school year.
Families with students who do NOT plan to ride the bus next school year should contact the Transportation Department so they can be removed from a bus route. Bus seating is limited, and space should be reserved for families who need the service.
Please include your students’ name(s) and the name of school they’ll attend in the 2021-22 school year. Eligible families will receive bus route information in August, ahead of the first day of school Sept. 2.
More about transportation for the 2021-22 school year:
- Call the Transportation Department if you do not receive an email with route information by August 25.
- Be sure your email address is updated in the Home Access Center. Email is a quick, easy way to ensure families have the latest route information.
- Make any address or child care changes as early as possible. If you need to update your address, contact the Welcome Center for instructions on completing an address change request. Address changes must be done in person at the Welcome Center or your child's school.
- If you live within 1½ miles of your student's school, your student might not be eligible for transportation. Transportation might be available to a child care site; notify the Transportation Department of that site by August 13 to learn about other options.
- Alternate bus stops – such as a child care site – will not be created after August 13. After that deadline, alternate middle and high school bus stops must be within a student’s assigned school zone. Alternate elementary bus stops must be to an already existing stop for the student’s assigned school.
- Learn more: rps205.com/parents/transportation
RPS 205 is currently hiring bus drivers and crossing guards. Bus driver pay starts at $15.30 an hour, plus health insurance benefits, up to $3,300 in bonuses a year, paid holidays, 12 sick days, seasonal breaks and paid training. If you are interested, call the Transportation Department at 815-966-3706 for more information.
Rockford Public Schools