Congrats 2023 Golden Apple Award Winners!
The Golden Apple Foundation surprised and celebrated six teachers in their classrooms on Thursday with the prestigious Golden Apple Award for excellence in teaching.
Three of the six winners this year teach in Rockford Public Schools:
- Emily Daub, kindergarten, Ellis Elementary School
- Mallori Sage, third grade, Whitehead Elementary School
- Addie Wilson, second grade, Gifted Academy at Thurgood Marshall Elementary
Live video from each surprise, plus photos are posted on the RPS 205 Facebook page.
Congratulations to all 10 of the award finalists from RPS 205:
• Emily Daub, Ellis Elementary School, kindergarten
• Jelena Holcomb, STEAM Academy at Haskell, Kindergarten
• Kimberlee Malmberg, Washington Elementary School, 3rd Grade
• Whitney Mohr, Rolling Green Elementary School, special education
• Kimberly Plaster, Galapagos Charter School, 3rd Grade
• Lisa Robinson, Rolling Green Elementary School, kindergarten
• Jennifer Rowe, Whitehead Elementary School, 4th Grade
• Mallori Sage, Whitehead Elementary School, 3rd Grade
• Amie Walker, Henry Bloom Elementary School, kindergarten
• Addie Wilson, Thurgood Marshall Elementary, 2nd Grade
Award winners and finalists will be recognized April 28 at The Excellence in Education Banquet. The Golden Apple Foundation has been recognizing excellent teachers through its award program since the 1996/1997 school year. Golden Apple Award winners become members of the Golden Apple Teacher Academy through an induction ceremony, joining them with a group of outstanding local educators who demonstrate the highest standards of the teacher profession.
Learn more about the Golden Apple Foundation.
- Golden Apple Award