Media advisory: East High School
East High School families,
Here’s what you need to know following this morning’s false report of an active shooter on our campus:
- Students & staff are safe and accounted for. This is the best-case scenario during what could be the worst day of our lives.
- East students will be dismissed for the day. Students who drive can leave from the main parking lot. Students can also be picked up from the Schnucks parking lot on Charles Street. Buses will also dismiss during this time. Thank you for your patience during dismissal. Rockford Police will also provide support.
- Classes at East High School are canceled today. Classes will resume on Thursday, and follow our late start schedule, as planned.
- Counselors, social workers and psychologists will be available at East today, as needed, to provide students and staff with additional support.
- East High School juniors will make up the SAT on Tuesday, April 25.
We’re working with Rockford Police as they continue to investigate. We are grateful for the quick response from Rockford Police and the cooperation from our students and staff. Again, this is the best-case scenario of a terrible situation.
Thank you for your continued support.
East High School Principal
Students and staff are safe following false reports of an active shooter. Rockford Police confirm it was a hoax. Students will be dismissed shortly; we’ll share more information soon about busing and early dismissal for all East students.