Skip To Main Content
* Offers Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) special program
** Offers Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) & Gifted Academy special programs
*** Offers Adult Education program

P-EBT Cards from Illinois Dept. of Human Services



RPS 205 families,

The Illinois Department of Human Services will provide new benefits to all eligible students, called Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer Program – or P-EBT – benefits.

What is P-EBT? The program provides temporary food assistance to families with students who would have received free or reduced-rate lunch while attending school but are not receiving these meals in school because of COVID-19. Families do not need to complete an application to receive these benefits. All RPS 205 students are automatically eligible for these benefits because:

  • RPS 205 participates in the National School Lunch Program
  • RPS 205 schools are enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision, meaning all students can receive free breakfast and lunch, regardless of their family’s income level

What it means: Students will receive – or may have already received – a white card in the mail with their name printed on the card.  Cards will arrive in an unmarked envelope. Keep that card, as any future P-EBT benefits will be loaded to that card for each student. P-EBT only provides benefits for days that students are remote learning, but without being offered a meal at school, or home for an approved COVID-related absence.

When will I receive the benefits? The Department of Human Services began issuing new P-EBT cards to all known eligible students in March 2021. Please make sure your home mailing address on file at school is correct. All eligible students will receive benefits for all eligible school days, back to the beginning of this school year.

If you have any questions, call the Illinois Department of Human Services Help Line: 1-800-843-6154, or visit their website:


Danny Echols
Executive Director of Nutrition Services
Rockford Public Schools

Spanish  Arabic  Swahili  Karen



Answers to frequently asked questions from the Illinois Department of Human Services: 

FAQs in English
FAQs in Spanish

Answers to frequently asked questions from RPS 205 families: 

I have an issue with the amount of money on my student’s P-EBT card. What can I do?
The amount provided on each student’s card is connected to their attendance. Please visit the Home Access Center – under the Parents tab at the top of Once you’re there, contact your school’s main office staff. They will need to confirm information about your student. 

If any updates are made, that updated information will be shared with the Illinois Department of Human Services, and the card will reflect the updated total in the next several weeks. The updated amount will be retroactive. 

How can I update my student’s address? 
  • Early Childhood families: Work with your school’s main office staff to update your address. 
  • Elementary families: Visit the Welcome Center, 501 7th St., to update your home address. Call the Welcome Center staff at 815-967-8070 for more information. 
  • Middle and high school families: Work with your school’s main office staff to update your address. 

I did not receive a card for my student – what can I do?
Call the P-EBT helpline: 1-833-621-0737.

My student’s P-EBT card is lost or stolen – can I request a replacement?
Yes, visit the Manage My Illinois Link Card website through the Illinois Department of Human Services. 


If your question isn’t answered in the FAQs, please complete this form: P-EBT General Inquiry Request

  • Nutrition Services