Call 815-229-2103 to schedule your child’s free screening or visit us for a walk-in screening, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. daily.
Limited seats available each day.
Our placement team will help find the right placement for your child.
- Certified Birth Certificate (Original – Not Photocopy)
- 2 Proofs of Address
- Current DHS Medical Card (issued in last 30 days)
- Signed and dated lease with rent or deposit receipt (within the last 30 days)
- Current Utility Bill (gas, electric, water or other public service bill – within the last 30 days)
- Mail received at the current address (only one piece of mail will be accepted – within the last 30 days)
- Photo ID
- Proof of Household Income (may include any one of the following)
- W2 or Tax return documents (all working guardians living in the home)
- 2 most recent and consecutive pay stubs (all working guardians living in the home)
- Proof of public benefits: SNAP, WIC, TANF, SSI, CCAP, or Medicaid (must be in parent's name)
- Developmental Screening is Required (child must be three years old)
*Developmental screenings are not available for walk-ins during RPS fall, winter, and spring breaks.
- Can my child go to preschool?
- What types of programs do you offer and where?
- What school will my child attend?
- Is my child eligible for full-day preschool?
- Will my child receive transportation to and home from school?
- Why do I need to bring my proof of income?
- What happens during a comprehensive screening?
- What is the cost?
|Monday - Friday|
|8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
The Early Childhood Office will be closed on:
Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
Tuesday-Friday, Nov. 21-24, 2023
Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 25-26, 2023
Monday-Tuesday, Jan. 1-2, 2024
Monday, Jan. 15, 2024
Monday, Feb. 19, 2024
Friday, March 29, 2024
Monday, May 27, 2024
Wednesday, June 19, 2024