Steps to Enroll
Call 815-229-2103 to schedule your child’s free screening or visit us for a walk-in screening, 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. daily.
Limited seats available each day.
Our placement team will help find the right placement for your child.
- Certified Birth Certificate (Original – Not Photocopy)
- 2 Proofs of Address
- Current DHS Medical Card (issued in last 30 days)
- Signed and dated lease with rent or deposit receipt (within the last 30 days)
- Current Utility Bill (gas, electric, water or other public service bill – within the last 30 days)
- Mail received at the current address (only one piece of mail will be accepted – within the last 30 days)
- Photo ID
- Proof of Household Income (may include any one of the following)
- W2 or Tax return documents (all working guardians living in the home)
- 2 most recent and consecutive pay stubs (all working guardians living in the home)
- Proof of public benefits: SNAP, WIC, TANF, SSI, CCAP, or Medicaid (must be in parent's name)
- Developmental Screening is Required (child must be three years old)
*Developmental screenings are not available for walk-ins during RPS winter break and spring break.
- Can my child go to preschool?
- What types of programs do you offer and where?
- What school will my child attend?
- Is my child eligible for full-day preschool?
- Will my child receive transportation to and home from school?
- Why do I need to bring my proof of income?
- What happens during a comprehensive screening?
- What is the cost?
Can my child go to preschool?
What types of programs do you offer and where?
What school will my child attend?
Is my child eligible for full-day preschool?
Will my child receive transportation to and home from school?
Why do I need to bring my proof of income?
What happens during a comprehensive screening?
What is the cost?
Early Childhood Screening and Placement Office
501 7th Street - 1st floor
Rockford, IL 61104
|Monday - Friday|
|8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
The Early Childhood Office will be closed on:
Monday, June 5, 2023 (8a-12:30p)
Tuesday, June 6, 2023 (8a-12:30p)
Monday, June 19, 2023
Friday, June 30, 2023
Tuesday, July 4, 2023
Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
Tuesday-Friday, Nov. 21-24, 2023
Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 25-26, 2023