The Rockford School Board eliminated most student fees for the 2020-2021 school year.
Families are not required to pay fees for arts/music, athletics, lab fees or Advanced Placement exams.
High school students will, however, still be required to pay fees for some optional items: on-campus parking permits, driver education (behind-the-wheel training), athletic gate admission pass, credit recovery and summer school. View list of 2020-2021 school fees.
- What is a Fee Waiver Application, and where can I find the application?
- What happens if I don’t fill out the fee waiver form?
- What information and documentation will I need to complete the application?
- I have no income and don’t receive any state aid. How do I complete the form?
- What fees are waived? What fees are not waived?
- Where do I send my form?
- Do I need to complete a Fee Waiver Application for each child?
- I was approved last year. Do I complete an application this year?
- My child receives free lunch. Do I complete an application?
- I received a Direct Certification Letter from RPS 205. What does direct certification mean, and do I complete an application?
- My student is a foster child, ward of the state, or placed in my home by DCFS. Do I complete an application?
- How do I know if I qualify?
- I submitted my fee waiver. How/when will I find out if I qualify?
- If I don’t qualify now or if my income changes, can I apply later?
- If I don’t qualify, what is the appeal process?
- My student lives at a group home. Do I complete an application?
- I receive SNAP/TANF. Do I complete an application?
- I receive Medicaid/State Medical Card/Obamacare (Affordable Care Act). Do I complete an application?
- I receive SSI/SSD. Do I complete an application?
- My child in is a self-contained classroom. Do I complete an application?