Skip To Main Content
* Offers Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) special program
** Offers Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) & Gifted Academy special programs
*** Offers Adult Education program


​​​All students, new and returning, must be registered for the current school year.

Newly enrolled students:  After enrolling with RPS 205, you will then need to complete and submit a Registration for your student(s) before they can attend school.  

Returning students:  Parent(s)/Guardian(s) must complete and submit a Registration for each student. This will be completed from June 3rd - June 30th. Parent(s)/Guardian(s) do NOT need to attend in-person registration unless they need to pay for any extra fees that aren’t waived, such as parking permits at a high school or to purchase a yearbook, or your student takes medication and you need to speak to the nurse.

2024-25 Back-to-School Registration

  • Families will be able to register online June 3rd - June 30th.
  • Families who will register in July are those:
    • enrolled after May 16, 2024
    • enrolled in FIT for the 23/24 SY who have not renewed or refused FIT services by May 16th
    • in need of a change of address and did not complete a change of address by May 16th
    • students going into Kindergarten who need to visit the Bilingual Department
    • students who have a 3rd Party FERPA guardian for the 23/24 school year
  • Families are encouraged to include proof of immunizations, school and sports physicals when they return completed registration.
  • Questions about registration, email


In-Person Registration Dates

August 14th, 7:00am - 7:00pm

Families in Transition

Students in the Families in Transition program who confirmed the status of their FIT enrollment for next school year between April 1st and May 16th will be emailed a snapcode on June 3rd. To pre-enroll, visit the Welcome Center Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00-4:30 and Wednesday 8:00-6:00. To inform us that you are no longer in a FIT situation for next year, call the Welcome Center at 815-967-8070. FIT pre-enrollment window is April 1st through the last day of school. Students that are not pre-enrolled will automatically be removed from the program at the end of this school year


Students need a health exam/physical within one year of starting kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade – or when entering an Illinois school system for the first time. All other high school students need a sports physical if they plan to participate in sports. Sports physicals are good for 13 months and do not replace the required ninth grade physical. Completed physical paperwork can be included in registration packets. 

What’s next

School’s main office staff will share more specific details about classroom assignments, any fines that need to be paid from the current school year, and help students with medication connect with the school nurse.


Need to Enroll?

​If you're new to the district and need to enroll (new ​students enroll, returning students register each year), visit the Welcome Center​ on the first floor of the Administration Building at 501 7th Street.​

How to Enroll

What immunizations does my child need?

Early Childhood

Elementary School

Middle School

High School

Registration Help