All students, new and returning, must be registered with their assigned school.
Newly enrolled students: After enrolling with RPS 205, you will need to complete and submit a Registration packet with your student's assigned school(s) before the student(s) attends school.
Returning students: Parent/Guardian must complete and submit a Registration for each student. This may be completed during the Spring Registration Drive or during Summer Registration by mail. Parent/Guardian does NOT need to attend in-person registration unless they need to pay for any extra fees that aren’t waived, such as parking permits at a high school or to purchase a yearbook, or your student takes medication and you need to speak to the nurse.
- The district will mail registration packets to all current EC-11th grade families in the beginning of May. The deadline to return packets is Friday, June 3.
- Families are encouraged to include proof of school and sports physicals when they return completed packets.
All registration packets will include a return envelope to mail completed packets back, or you can use the Drop Box located at Operations Support - 5052 28th Ave.
August 17: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
August 18: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Families in Transition
Students need a health exam/physical within one year of starting kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade -- or when entering an Illinois school system for the first time. All other high school students need a sports physical if they plan to participate in sports. Sports physicals are good for 13 months and do not replace the required ninth grade physical. Completed physical paperwork can be included in registration packets.
School’s main office staff will share more specific details about classroom assignments, any fines that need to be paid from the current school year, and help students with medication connect with the school nurse.
- I haven't received a Spring registration packet.
- I received my student's registration packet in the mail, but it lists the wrong school.
- I have already returned my student's registration packet but have since moved.
- I have already returned my student’s registration packet but have since changed my phone number?
- I returned my student's registration packet. When will I receive their schedule?
- I haven't received a Summer registration packet.
- I want to drop my packet off in person, where do I go?
- What are the Registration Fees for School Year 2022-2023?
- How do I pay?
- Do I need to attend my student's school registration days?
- When will my student have their picture taken for their ID?
- We usually sign up for Fall Sports/Activities at registration. How and when will we do that?
- We usually buy a parking pass at registration. How and when will we do that?
- Still have a question?
Need to Enroll?
If you're new to the district and need to enroll (new students enroll, returning students register each year), visit the Welcome Center on the first floor of the Administration Building at 501 7th Street.