International Baccalaureate Program
Conklin Elementary School will be the home of a new RPS 205 special program: International Baccalaureate.
RPS 205 will launch an International Baccalaureate (IB) Candidate School in the 2023-2024 school year at Conklin. The internationally recognized program is for children aged 3-19. RPS 205 will start with an elementary school and has plans to grow and expand.
Students in the IB Primary Years Programme will:
- Take responsibility for their own learning.
- Ask challenging questions, think critically and learn skills across all subject areas.
- Are active in their communities and take their learning beyond the classroom.
- Think globally, and develop respect for all cultures.
- Learn another language. Conklin will include a Spanish component for all students and continue with its Spanish speaking (TBE) classrooms.
Fill Out an Interest Form
We welcome students within RPS 205 boundaries who are interested in an IB education. This program is for both students in bilingual (Spanish/TBE) and English speaking classrooms. The interest form will be available districtwide for the remainder of the school year/summer, provided seats are available. This is a limited opportunity for any districtwide student outside of the northwest quadrant.
Watch a Recorded Meeting
Watch a recorded presentation with IB principal Sarah Brenner.
All families must attend a mandatory informational meeting to apply for a seat in the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Special Program?
- What makes our program different/unique?
- Who should consider this program?
- What are the other requirements or expectations for families?
- How are incoming kindergarten waitlists handled?
- How are incoming 1st through 5th grade interest lists handled?
- Will siblings receive any priority placement?
- Where is the school location?
- What are the grade levels in the program?
- What are the school hours?
- Can a student transfer into the program mid-school year?
- My child is in the TBE/Bilingual Program currently at Conklin. Are they able to attend the IB Program?
- My child has support services at their current school. Will these services be offered at the IB school?
- Is busing provided?
- Are breakfast and lunch provided?
- What specialized classes – or specials – do the students receive?